2018 JAPAN NATIONAL YO-YO CONTEST
2018JN will have “International Open Freestyle (IOF)”
Yes, you can compete and perform at the 2018JN stage!
IOF is a place all visitors from outside of Japan can compete. You can perform any style (choose one). Yet, score is still judged same way as A divisions.
2018JN – 2018.5.26-27
- Contest Name: 2018 Japan National Yo-Yo Contest (2018JN)
- Date: May 26-27, 2018
- Place: Yokohama Educational Hall (Yokohama Kyoiku Kaikan)
15-minute walk from Sakuragi-cho Station (JR)
YouTube LIVE and NicoNico Live (Plan)
- 1A Division
- 2A Division
- 3A Division
- 4A Division
- 5A Division
- Art & Performance Division
- Compulsory Trick: Advanced Division
- Over-40 Freestyle
- Women Freestyle
- International Open Freestyle
- JYYF runs five Regionals and one National in 2018.
- Contestant can compete in ONLY one Regional, but wherever they want (per division).
- The top 10 of Regionals with certain score, the finalists of 2017JN and top 5 of 2016JN can compete in 2018JN Semi-Final. There will be WildCard Round for everybody else to compete.
- The five regional champions and last year’s champion of each division will be seeded to the 2018JN Final round. (If the regional champion is last year’s National Champion, the seed goes to the player in 2nd place.)
|WJ||Ryota Ogi||Arata Imai||Taiichiro Higashi||Takuma Hakamata||Ryotaro Morimoto|
|CJ||Arata Imai||Yuki Takami||Minato Furuta||Rei Iwakura||Naoya Takeuchi|
|NJ||Hirotaka Akiba||Kenta Kawaharada||Yuto Yamaguchi||Tsubasa Onishi||Yoshihiro Abe|
|SJ||Izuru Hasumi||Ryo Yamashita||Ryosuke Ito||Yuki Uchida||Hideo Ishida|
|EJ||Ryuichi Nakamura||Kiwamu Ebata||Mizuki Takimoto||Ayumu Harada||Sora Ishikawa|
|2017JN||Shion Araya||Takuma Yamamoto||Tomoya Kurita||Takumi Yasumoto||Takuma Inoue|
Freestyle Rule (Summary)
- Final: 3 minute freestyle
- Semi-Final: 90 second freestyle
- Wild-Card: 30 second freestyle
- Music stops between 3:00 to 3:01
- No yo-yoing on stage before the music starts. No throw-downs, no adjustments. No starts with sleeping or mounting position allowed.
- Catch yo-yo(s) immediately after the music ends. If the player cannot catch, deductions happen until the player leaves the stage.
- No getting off the stage during the performance, even for getting yo-yos the player lost from the stage. If the player steps off from the stage, the performance ends there.
- No sitting on the edge of the stage. No standing on the edge. Can be DQed.
- No props allowed. Only yo-yos, strings, counter-weights, gloves, and tray (contest provides).
- No bags, yo-yo cases, clothes, jackets, tables on the stage. For supervising belongings reason, bag, wallet, cell phone allowed on the end of the stage.
Same as IYYF rule (WYYC2017)
JYYF Supports Flights for Winners (Important Change in 2017)
Since 2012, JYYF has been supporting all five JN winners travel fees to WYYC.
Starting this year, there will be an important change pertaining to sponsorship and yo-yos used by players.
We are able to provide this thanks to the generous support of all of our sponsors.
JYYF has decided to support flights only for champions who use yo-yos from JN sponsors (and will use yo-yos from JN sponsors at WYYC).
If the champion is not qualified, the runner-up will receive the benefit. If the runner-up is not qualified, the contestant in third place will receive it. 4th place or lower do not qualify.
We made this change in hopes that it will help to promote sponsors who support our activities regularly.
- Visitor: JPY 3000 (JPY2000 for pre-purchase) / JPY 2000 for only final day
- Contestant: JPY 5000 for each division (You must be a JYYF member to compete. Membership comes with injury insurance.)
- Expected Number of Visitors for Japan National: 600-800 (including players and staff)
- Expected Number of Contestants for Japan National: 100-200
About Organization: JYYF
- Name: Japan Yo-Yo Federation (JYYF)
- Legal Entity: General Incorporated Association (Since 2010)
- Representative Board Director: Hironori Mii
- Holding National Contest: Since 1999
If you are considering to visit, please contact us at info (at) jyyf.org
- Rei Iwakura (Head Judge)
- Hironori Mii
- Kazuki Okada
- Naoto Okada
- Shuhei Kanai
- Atsushi Yamada
- Jun Aramaki
- Takuma Yamamoto
- Yasushi Furukawa
- Kunihisa Kawabe
- Taiichiro Higashi
- Yasuki Tachibana
- Shinya Kido
- Naoya Takeuchi
- Takao Morioka
- Yusuke Otsuka
- Hiroyasu Ishihara
- Hiroaki Yoshii
- Yohei Kagawa
(Last Update: 2018.3.31)