2014JN – 2015.5.3-4
- Contest Name: 2014 Japan National Yo-Yo Contest (2014JN)
- Date: May 3-4, 2014
- Place: Belle Salle Akihabara in Tokyo
5-minute walk from Akihabara Station (one of main Yamanote-Line stations).
Official Live Stream on NICONICO Live
On May 4th, we will broadcast the entire event on Niconico Live as one of their Official Live Programs. People in Japan, Taiwan, Canada and the USA should be able to watch live (if you’re in a different country and want to watch we unfortunately can’t guarantee, but it might be available so give it a try anyway).
You need to make a free account before you can watch. It’s good to be prepared and register well before the stream goes live, just in case. You should be able to find “Create account” fairly easily. We will probably have live commentary (Japanese) and multi-angles of the contest.
We hope you enjoy the Official Live Stream of the 2014 Japan National Yo-Yo Contest.
May 3 (Sat.)
- 09:40 Venue Open
- 10:20 Sponsor Stage 1
- 11:00 2A Semi-Final
- 12:10 5A Semi-Final
- 12:40 3A Semi-Final
- 13:10 Lunch Break
- 14:00 1A Semi-Final
- 16:00 4A Semi-Final
- 17:10 ladder Division
- 17:40 Sponsor Stage 2
- 18:20 Award for Mods, Ladder
- 18:40 Result Announcement for Freestyle Divisions
- 19:00 End of the day
May 4 (Sun.)
- 09:40 Venue Open
- 10:30 2A Final
- 11:30 5A Final
- 12:30 3A Final
- 13:20 Lunch Break
- 14:10 1A Final
- 15:30 4A Final
- 16:20 Sponsor Stage 3
- 16:50 Lucky Draw
- 17:10 Award
- 17:40 Closing
- 18:00 End of the Even
- 1A Freestyle
- 2A Freestyle
- 3A Freestyle
- 4A Freestyle
- 5A Freestyle
- JYYF runs six Regionals and one National in 2014.
- Contestant can compete in ONLY one Regional, but wherever they want.
- Only the top 10 of Regionals, the finalists of 2013JN and top 5 of 2012JN can compete in 2014JN.
- Six regional champions of each division will be seeded to 2014JN Final.
|EJ-A||Reiki Sekiya||Shu Takada||Ken Takabayashi||Naoto Okada||Sora Ishikawa|
|WJ||Iori Yamaki||Ryo Yamashita||Taiichiro Higashi||Futoshi Maruyama||Yasuhiro Uchida|
|SJ||Tsukasa Ryu||Shuhei Kanai||(Minato Furuta)||Tomohiko Zanka||Hideo Ishida|
|NJ||Takeshi Matsuura||Hiraku Fujii||Tomoya Kurita||Yuzo Okada||Yoshihiro Abe|
|CJ||Yusuke Otsuka||Yasushi Furukawa||Mizuki Takimoto||(Rei Iwakura)||Hiroyasu Ishihara|
|EJ-B||Atsunori Tanimoto||Shunsuke Kawakami||Takumi Yasumoto||Yohei Kagawa||Naoya Takeuchi|
|2013JN||Akitoshi Tokubuchi||Takuma Yamamoto||Minato Furuta||Rei Iwakura||Takeshi Matsuura|
Freestyle Rule (Summary)
- Final: 3 minute freestyle
- Semi-Final: 90 second freestyle
- Music stops between 3:00 to 3:01
- No yo-yoing on stage before the music starts. No throw-downs, no adjustments. No starts with sleeping or mounting position allowed.
- Catch yo-yo(s) immediately after the music ends. If the player cannot catch, deductions happen until the player leaves the stage.
- No getting off the stage during the performance, even for getting yo-yos the player lost from the stage. If the player steps off from the stage, the performance ends there.
- No sitting on the edge of the stage. No standing on the edge. Can be DQed.
- No props allowed. Only yo-yos, strings, counter-weights, gloves, and tray (contest provides).
- No bags, yo-yo cases, clothes, jackets, tables on the stage. For supervising belongings reason, bag, wallet, cell phone allowed on the end of the stage.
Same as IYYF rule (EYYC14)
- Visitor: JPY 3000 (JPY2000 for pre-purchase) / JPY 2000 for only final day
- Contestant: JPY 5000 for each division
- Expected Number of Visitors for Japan National: 600-800 (including players and staff)
- Expected Number of Contestants for Japan National: 100-200
About Organization: JYYF
- Name: Japan Yo-Yo Federation (JYYF)
- Legal Entity: General Incorporated Association (Since 2010)
- Representative Board Director: Hironori Mii
- Holding National Contest: Since 1999
If you are considering to visit, please contact us at info (at) jyyf.org
- Rei Iwakura (Head Judge)
- Hironori Mii
- Kazuki Okada
- Naoto Okada
- Shuhei Kanai
- Atsushi Yamada
- Jun Aramaki
- Takuma Yamamoto
- Yasushi Furukawa
- Kunihisa Kawabe
- Taiichiro Higashi
- Yasuki Tachibana
(Last Update: 2014.4.26)