2017JN will have “International Open Freestyle (IOF)”
Yes, you can compete and perform at the 2017JN stage!
IOF is a place all visitors from outside of Japan can compete. You can perform any style (choose one). Yet, score is still judged same way as A divisions.
2017JN – 2017.6.17-18
- Contest Name: 2017 Japan National Yo-Yo Contest (2017JN)
- Date: June 17-18, 2017
- Place: Tokyo Shibuya Sakura Hall
5-minute walk from Shibuya Station (JR, Metro, and many other lines)
Facebook LIVE and NicoNico Live (Plan)
(Japan Standard Time)
- A Divisions: Wild Card Round
- A Divisions: Semi-Final Round
- Compulsory Tricks: Advanced Division
- OVER40 Freestyle
- WOMEN Freestyle
- A Divisions Final Round
- International Open Freestyle
- Team Freestyle
- Special Event
- Semi-Final (pdf) tba
- Final (pdf) tba
- 1A Division
- 2A Division
- 3A Division
- 4A Division
- 5A Division
- Compulsory Trick: Advanced Division
- Over-40 Freestyle
- Women Freestyle
- Team Freestyle
- International Open Freestyle
- JYYF runs six Regionals and one National in 2017.
- Contestant can compete in ONLY one Regional, but wherever they want (per division).
- The top 10 of Regionals with certain score, the finalists of 2016JN and top 5 of 2015JN can compete in 2017JN Semi-Final. There will be WildCard Round for everybody else to compete.
- Six regional champions of each division will be seeded to 2017JN Final.
|EJ-A||Shion Araya||Kiwamu Ebata||Hajime Miura||Hajime Miura||Hideo Ishida|
|CJ||(Yusuke Otsuka)||Shuhei Kanai||Minato Furuta||(Rei Iwakura)||Hiroyasu Ishihara|
|EJ-B||Ayumu Harada||(Takuma Yamamoto)||Yuto Yamaguchi||Yohei Kagawa||Yuwa Sakai|
|WJ||Izuru Hasumi||Arata Imai||Yuki Fujisawa||Takumi Hakamata||Ryotaro Morimoto|
|SJ||Tsukasa Ryu||Hiraku Fujii||Ryosuke Ito||Tsubasa Onishi||Naoya Takeuchi|
|NJ||Hirotaka Akiba||Kenta Kawaharada||Taiichiro Higashi||Koyo Hashimoto||Yoshihiro Abe|
|2016JN||Yusuke Otsuka||Takuma Yamamoto||Tomoya Kurita||Rei Iwakura||Takeshi Matsuura|
Freestyle Rule (Summary)
- Final: 3 minute freestyle
- Semi-Final: 90 second freestyle
- Wild-Card: 30 second freestyle
- Music stops between 3:00 to 3:01
- No yo-yoing on stage before the music starts. No throw-downs, no adjustments. No starts with sleeping or mounting position allowed.
- Catch yo-yo(s) immediately after the music ends. If the player cannot catch, deductions happen until the player leaves the stage.
- No getting off the stage during the performance, even for getting yo-yos the player lost from the stage. If the player steps off from the stage, the performance ends there.
- No sitting on the edge of the stage. No standing on the edge. Can be DQed.
- No props allowed. Only yo-yos, strings, counter-weights, gloves, and tray (contest provides).
- No bags, yo-yo cases, clothes, jackets, tables on the stage. For supervising belongings reason, bag, wallet, cell phone allowed on the end of the stage.
Same as IYYF rule (WYYC16)
JYYF Supports Flights for Winners (Important Change)
Since 2012, JYYF has been supporting all five JN winners travel fees to WYYC.
Starting this year, there will be an important change pertaining to sponsorship and yo-yos used by players.
We are able to provide this thanks to the generous support of all of our sponsors.
JYYF has decided to support flights only for champions who use yo-yos from JN sponsors (and will use yo-yos from JN sponsors at WYYC).
If the champion is not qualified, the runner-up will receive the benefit. If the runner-up is not qualified, the contestant in third place will receive it. 4th place or lower do not qualify.
We made this change in hopes that it will help to promote sponsors who support our activities regularly.
Sponsoring Yo-Yo Brands
- BASECAMP (YOYOFACTORY x CLYW)
- JAPAN TECHNOLOGY
- THROW REVOLUTION
- TURNING POINT
- (to be added)
- Visitor: JPY 3000 (JPY2000 for pre-purchase) / JPY 2000 for only final day
- Contestant: JPY 5000 for each division (You must be a JYYF member to compete. Membership comes with injury insurance.)
- Expected Number of Visitors for Japan National: 600-800 (including players and staff)
- Expected Number of Contestants for Japan National: 100-200
About Organization: JYYF
- Name: Japan Yo-Yo Federation (JYYF)
- Legal Entity: General Incorporated Association (Since 2010)
- Representative Board Director: Hironori Mii
- Holding National Contest: Since 1999
If you are considering to visit, please contact us at info (at) jyyf.org
- Rei Iwakura (Head Judge)
- Hironori Mii
- Kazuki Okada
- Naoto Okada
- Shuhei Kanai
- Atsushi Yamada
- Jun Aramaki
- Takuma Yamamoto
- Yasushi Furukawa
- Kunihisa Kawabe
- Taiichiro Higashi
- Yasuki Tachibana
- Shinya Kido
- Naoya Takeuchi
- Takao Morioka
- Yusuke Otsuka
(Last Update: 2017.4.17)